7859 E. Andrew Johnson Highway, Whitesburg, TN 37891 PH: 423-235-2547 | FX: 423-235-6315
Whitesburg Elementary School is located approximately 50 miles east of Knoxville and is one of eleven elementary schools in the Hamblen County School System.
The gym was built in 1949 and the main building was built around 1955. Land was donated by the Isaac White family. There were three prominent families in the town during the time the school was being built: the Whites, Horners and Lanes. The White family owned the only store in the town and had the first postmaster, therefore the town and school were both was named for them.
The school was renovated in 1980, 1992, and 2002. The last renovation included adding four new classrooms and enlarging the cafeteria.
We now have approximately 193 students in classes K-5.