About The School  

School Location

Image for School Location

Whitesburg Elementary School is located approximately 50 miles east of Knoxville and is one of eleven elementary schools in the Hamblen County School System.

 

The gym was built in 1949 and the main building was build around 1955.  Land was donated by the Isaac White family.  There were three prominent families in the town during the time the school was being built, the Whites', the Horners' and the Lanes'. The White family owned the only store in the town and had the first postmaster, therefore, the town was named after them and so was the school.

It was renovated in 1980, 1992, and 2002.  The last renovation included adding four new classrooms and enlarging the cafeteria.

We now have a total of 17 classrooms and one library.

 

We have a total of 257 students in classes K-5 as of this date.